What You Can Expect From GLSA
We review your 401(k) plan and make recommendations to improve the plan or to include other provisions such as matching contributions, testing, and qualification. Since ERISA and DOL stipulations are procedural rather than performance based, experienced professionals can save you thousands of dollars by helping you design, implement, and monitor your plan.
G.L. Smith & Associates – co-captain to your company to:
- We will help you design the Investment Policy Statement (IPS). This is the blueprint which describes the purpose of the Plan, investments, timeframe, risk parameters, selection process, fiduciary responsibility, goals, and the procedure for review and changes. The IPS also reduces your liability as a Sponsor.
- We will assist and guide you through the transition to a new provider. We cannot remove your company from the process, but we can minimize your time involvement.
- The 401(k) plan has many partners and moving parts. We are your point guard to coordinate all aspects and to answer all questions about your program.
- We will individually meet with employees to advise them on a suitable investment allocation.
- We will manage all communication to your company and your employees required by DOL and ERISA.
- We will provide web-based education materials for your employees.
- We will also ensure that the cost of investments is reduced as much as possible by making ETF’s available and by using institutional shares where possible. This makes shares which ordinarily have up to one million dollar minimums available to all of your employees.
- Additionally, we will provide in-person, semi-annual economic and investment reviews.
Call GLSA today at (256) 539-4805 to learn how we can help with your 401(K) plan selection and management for you and your employees.